Improvementof access to water for human consumption, livestock watering and horticulture
Being implemented in the Maputo Special Reserve and Ponta do Ouro Partial Marine Reserve buffer zones, the improvement of access to water for human consumption, livestock watering and horticulture project (2016-2018) has a main objective to contribute to the improvement of the living quality of the local communities, through sustainable management of the natural resources. It also has specific objectives:
- Improve the communities access to water conditions.
- Allow for a minimum production of food security cultures and income generation for each member family in the target communities.
- Influence the collective approach for problem resolution within the communities.
- Promote associativism.
- Reduce the invasion of the Reserve by bovine livestock.
- Significantly improve consciousness about biodiversity conservation.
Reserva Especial de Maputo
Reserva Parcial Marinha da Ponta de Ouro